Tuesday, September 21, 2010

DTC and Birthday Wishes



Today is Jacob's 4th Birthday and I am a little sad that we can't celebrate with him. We got some wonderful news from our agency just in time for Jacob's birthday though. We are now DTC (Dossier To China) which means all our adoption paperwork has been authenticated and sent to China. What a wonderful day to be DTC and a date we will always remember. Another step closer to getting Jacob home so that we can celebrate his 5th birthday all together next year. We are sending Jacob birthday hugs and kisses even if we can't be with him. We know God is looking out for him.

Kisses in the Wind

(The Waiting Child's Lullaby)

I hold you in my heart and touch you in my dreams.
You are here each day with me, at least that's how it seems.

I know you wonder where we are... what's taking us so long.
But remember child, I love you so and God will keep you strong.

Now go outside and feel the breeze and let it touch your skin...
Because tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God hold you in His hand until I can be with you.
I promise you, my darling, I'm doing all that I can do.

Very soon, you'll have a family for real, not just pretend.
But for tonight, just as always, I blow you kisses in the wind.

May God wrap you in His arms and hold you very tight.
And let the angels bring the kisses that I send to you each night.

~ © Pamela Durkota

1 comment:

  1. Yeah for you and little Jacob!! congratulations to him and to you!
    Barb

    ReplyDelete