Friday, January 14, 2011

We Have Another Son!


We are excited and thrilled to announce that we just got pre-approval to adopt another son! We will be naming him Levi and you can read more about him on the Love Without Boundaries blog here. Last week, after we submitted our Letter of Intent to adopt him, we found out the amazing news that both Jacob and Levi are foster brothers. We were happily shocked and we finally understood why we were so drawn to this child. God had planned for him to be part of our family all along! I am so glad my two boys will have each other during the difficult adoption transition. It is so hard for these children to lose everything and everyone they are familiar with. My boys will have each other for support and I am amazed at how God has brought all this together for us and them.

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations! I wholeheartedly agree with you about the losses our children have suffered. How wonderful that your family can grow to include this 'brothers,' however, they look a LOT alike in this picture and it makes me truly wonder if they are related by blood as well as love.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just amazing news! As a Love Without Boundaries volunteer, I have been following Levi's life for about three years. I only "met" Jacob through LWB's work last year. I am so glad that Levi finally will have a family of his own. He has a special place in my heart, but having his own family is oh, so much better! To have him go with his foster brother to be forever brothers is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an Incredible story!!!
    So happy for your boys!

    Lori King

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! Congratulations! This is so exciting! I'm so thrilled for these boys! When do you plan on traveling?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on you two sons!! We have just sent LOI for a little one who is at Kaifeng too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy, I am so happy for you! TWO handsome boys! Susu will definitely rule the roost! Jack has been an incredible blessing--would you believe he'll be four in May? Congratulations on your new additions!!! Deb

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations on BOTH of your boys!!! I just came home in December with a Kaifeng boy myself, and I love knowing that two more are coming home to a wonderful, God-loving family!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know if you saw it, but the LWB Facebook page has a picture of your two boys together on their wall with the announcement that they will soon be brothers! Wall photo #2233 and it was just posted today!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just stopped by from the homeschooling group and saw the photos of these sweet boys!! I know their faces from the LWB site. I'm so thankful they will have a family soon!! How fun to "meet" the family who is adopting them. Prayers for speedy paper!! Blessings, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete