Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Getting Ready for Big Changes

We are busy busy here getting ready for our trip to China and our two newest additions. It is hard to believe that soon we will be a family of six. Isaiah and I have organized his closets and room so we can fit in clothes and beds for three boys. My Dad is going to make us some sturdy bunk beds which he has done a couple times before. My family certainly knows what to do with lots of boys which is a very good thing! We are on the look out for a Toyota or Honda van that is in good condition with less than 100,000 miles on it. If you know of anyone selling such a van close to us, please let me know. I will be sad to give up my Camry which I love but we will definitely need some more room. My parents want to buy our Camry so finding a buyer for it is one less thing to worry about.

We are also on the look out for a wheelchair that folds up a bit and an extra backup walker. Levi can walk with the help of a walker but he gets tired if he has to walk for too long so we think having a wheelchair just in case will be a good idea.

My wonderful youngest brother James will be coming with us to China to help out with crowd control. Aaron and I thought that having four kids to two adults in China might be a little overwhelming. Uncle James is an awesome uncle who my kids love to play with and who can also lay down the law if need be.

Right now we are waiting on the USCIS to approve us for two kids instead of just one. I know they have our paperwork because I got a receipt in the mail yesterday so hopefully it won't take them too long to process it. Our agency was really quick about updating our home study that approves us for two kids.

Besides all the China preparations, our life is all about homeschooling, homeschooling, homeschooling. We started our school year last summer and have taken very few vacation days. If I keep on the current schedule, we will be officially done with our year at the end of April with 175 days of school. That will make things so much easier once the boys come home and we can focus on getting used to being a family of six, doing fun learning stuff together, and starting on all those doctor's appointments.

Here is a picture of my kids with my parents and Uncle James. My Mom has volunteered to be my substitute homeschool teacher when we need to go for all those medical appointments and she has also volunteered to provide one-on-one tutoring for Levi if we need it. My family is the best and it is because of their support that we feel we can manage adopting two boys with special needs at one time. I thank God for giving me such a think outside the box, not afraid to be different kind of family!

2 comments:

  1. I just traveled from my blog to yours and am so glad I did. I will definitely be following your journey to rescue two beautiful boys!! What a blessing for me to discover you on this day when I woke with such a heavy heart. Little reminders that God IS at work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea! I am so excited for you. You are in our prayers (so is your minivan request). Love you!

    ang

    ReplyDelete