Sunday, May 15, 2011

LWB Babies

I am tired and my brain feels like foggy mush but we had a very good day despite not having the hotel situation figured out yet.  We got to visit the Love Without Boundaries Henan Cleft Healing Home (HCHH) and it was amazing!  Such sweet babies and such a clean, peaceful home for them to get strong in before they have their surgery.  The babies are wonderfully cared for and we got to hold and love on all of them.  My kids loved visiting too and the babies enjoyed the attention and watching the antics of Isaiah and Susu. I got some wonderful pictures.  I will share a few on here, although I have no idea how they will show up on my blog since I am posting via email and can't see it.

The director of the HCHH, Stephanie, took us out for soup filled dumplings or steamed buns.  We had a delicious meal and our guide, the driver, and Stephanie worked really hard with the restaurant staff to find some delicious gluten free food for Isaiah and I.  Today made up a good deal for our room issues and the hotel does have a good breakfast buffet so all is not terrible.  My brother and I were figuring out how to jury rig a curtain/sheet to go around the shower and toilet area.  I brought a lot of duct tape, 20 feet of lobster twine (for a clothesline), and about a half dozen safety pins.  I am sure we can create something if we don't get out of here tomorrow.

We are suppose to meet the boys tomorrow around 10:30 a.m. at the civil affairs office and then in the afternoon we will be traveling to visit the orphanage and foster family.  An exciting and crazy day.  Please keep us in your prayers.  I should have pictures of us with our boys on my next post. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi there Amy, Aaron, Isaiah, Susu, Levi and Jacob,

    Goodness, how exciting this all is! The pictures are wonderful and came through beautifully.

    Grandpa Grant and I are keeping you and the prayers you requested, in our own prayers daily. We are so very proud of all of you.

    Love,
    Grandma Lou/Lou

    ReplyDelete