Monday, May 16, 2011

No More See Through Showers or Shoemaking!

After lunch we played with toys, drew pictures, watched a movie, and the boys wrestled as boys love to do.  Nothing like male bonding which fortunately I am very used to after growing up with four brothers.  Speaking of brothers, we are incredibly thankful that Uncle James came on this trip to help us.  It would be nuts without him and he is the official camera man.  I need to take some more pictures with him in them when I am not wrangling children.

We decided to look for a restaurant for dinner and let someone else clean up our mess.  We ended up at the one closest to our hotel since we are a wee bit tired which ended up being very fancy but with quite reasonable prices.  The food was amazing and it only cost $50 to feed our whole family.  We had our own private dining room with a large screen T.V. which had cartoons we could turn on while we were waiting on the food.  Perfect!  We will adventure farther afoot tomorrow when we are less tired.  I think we need to spread our messy somewhat wild family around town a bit so one restaurant does not get all the clean up work.

All the kids are now asleep after a very busy day.  We did get a new hotel with solid bathroom walls instead of see through and we are very happy here.  Jacob has been testing Mama and Baba to see if there are rules as any good strong willed boy will do.  He had a ten minute melt down but let me hold him through it without too much of a struggle and then I fed him sugary honey chex afterwards to get back in his good graces.

Jacob fits into the rubber bottom Skidder slipper socks I discovered about a month ago.  They look a lot like shoes which he has never been able to wear before and he really seemed to like them.  Thanks Nancy for getting them for us!!!!  Now I won't have to be enlisting little elves to help me with shoe making.  Thank you Jesus and Skidders!!!!!

Levi called me Mommy right when he first met me and seems to really enjoy saying it whenever he can.  During dinner he kept saying thank you Mommy when ever I game him more of something he really liked.  I gave him a kiss on the cheek at one point during the day and he gave me a kiss right back. 

Well I better head to bed because we have to go back to the Civil Affairs office tomorrow morning to finish up some paperwork.  I am one happy Mama and Aaron, Uncle James, and I made a good team today.  The men were a little more overwhelmed with all the crazy transition of the day but they held up well as did Isaiah and Susu.

 

1 comment:

  1. Overjoyed for you!! Praying for the whole family!! The boys are precious!

    Emily

    ReplyDelete