Saturday, March 5, 2011

I 800 and New Picture of our Boys

Today has been an exciting day for us. Not only did we get our I800 approval to adopt Levi but a new picture of our boys was posted on the Love Without Boundaries facebook page here. We may get to travel in April now which is very good news to us. Last week we bought a nice used van so all of our kids will fit in one vehicle. I have been holding off on buying a van for years but now I have finally graduated to being a super cool van driving homeschooling Mom (ha ha ha). Just let me say for the record that you will never see me wearing a denim jumper.

Grandpa is working on the bunk beds and I am going out tonight to pick up the rest of the stuff on our needed list like pillows, sheets, socks, etc. I think "nesting" is an appropriate word here.

Last week we got updated measurements on Levi so we have a better idea of what size he is. He is a little guy for 13 years old at 51 inches tall. Isaiah is 53 inches so he might be losing his spot as the oldest but not the tallest. I had suspected that Levi was very small for his age based on his height in pictures compared to Jacob. We are almost positive that Levi's special need is not actually mild cerebral palsy but a syndrome that causes growth issues, vision issues, and muscle weakness. Thankfully the syndrome is not life threatening but we are planning to take him to a pediatric endocrinologist as soon as he gets home so he can get the treatment he needs.

Well I will close this post with a picture of us with our new van. The kids think our van is very cool! I definitely like the extra room and Aaron is happy to keep driving his Honda Civic to work.


1 comment:

  1. Welcome to the minivan club! I love it :) I can't believe you are getting so close to holding your boys! How exciting! I was having a denim jumper embroidered with your initials on it, now I have to return it... (haha) Congrats!

    ReplyDelete