Thursday, March 10, 2011

I 800 False Alarm

So I thought we had our I-800 approval but in my excitement did not thoroughly read the document we received from USCIS. It was just our receipt for the I-800 and they are still processing our form. The receipts and the actual approvals come on the same official looking paper and you have to read all the fine print to figure out exactly what you have.

Since we have most things ready for our boys, I am starting to get antsy for our trip. I know from many past experiences that God's timing is perfect but it is hard to wait in the dreary month of March when you just want spring and travel approvals to get here. This is the time of year when I dream of visiting my brother and sister-in-law in Arizona and I wonder why we live where we live.

One thing I am very excited about, besides going to get our boys soon, is that a good friend of mine is starting the process to adopt a baby with special needs from China. There are so many children with mild to moderate special needs waiting for families in China and it makes my heart so happy to know there will be one less child in China and the world waiting for a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment